Mormon Row is a linear array of uniform building complexes lining the north-south Jackson to Moran Road located at the southeast corner of Grand Teton National Park. The community once extended from the Gros Ventre River at the south to north of Blacktail Butte. Extant buildings are now limited to six building clusters and an isolated ruin representing six homestead withdrawals. These homestead withdrawals comprise the Mormon Row Historic District/rural historic landscape. Associated landscape features include elaborate fence and corral systems; the Mormon Row Ditch system; remains of the Johnson/Eggleston Ditch; a domestic dump; a hay derrick; the community swimming hole dammed in an intermittent drainage; windrows marking the location of formal homes and of the community church; and the cultivated fields and pasturage laboriously cleared by the original settlers.
The Mormon Row Historic District is significant in architecture and history. The district's period of significance extends from settlement of the Andy Chambers, John Moulton, and T.A. Moulton homesteads in 1908 to the 1950s when extension of Grand Teton National Park marked the end of concerted agricultural development. The community illustrates the extension of the ''Mormon Culture Region'' from Utah, Idaho, and Arizona, to interspersed communities throughout the west. The community also represents late-frontier Mormon settlement of high and arid country, where homesteaders practiced diversified agriculture on a limited land base, where multiple generations inhabited the family farm (or the adjoining farm), and where the number of failed homesteads equaled or exceeded the successful enterprises.