National Register of Historic Places


Hanna Community Hall

Hanna

Date Added to Register

Saturday, November 26, 1983

Smithsonian Number

48CR3764

Read all about it

Constructed in 1895, the Hanna Community Hall has served the town of Hanna for over a century. Originally named Linden Hall, the building served as a saloon during the town's early turbulent years as an energy boom town and then as a pool hall during prohibition and is the only structure remaining from this period. In the 1920s after the community had established some permanence, this building became the social and cultural center for the tiny community by providing a necessary social and recreational outlet for citizens isolated by environment and circumstance. The hall was used for everything from city government meetings, church services, athletic events and classes to dances and parties and is associated with locally significant individuals such as John Linden and municipal officials.

Department of State Parks & Cultural Resources