Select a different theme


This route, built by Frederick West Lander, an engineer for the Department of the Interior, was used after 1859 as an alternate route from Burnt Ranch to Fort Hall. It is the only part of the westward emigrant trails that was specifically built as a road for use by the emigrants.

 

back View map continue