A few miles south
of Lombard Ferry. The Robinson Ferry was built by the Mormons in 1847
and operated by them until 1856 when it became the operation of Isaac
Bullock and Lewis Robinson. A few years later, Indians attacked the Robinson
homestead, killing all but a young girl. The ferry was then abandoned.
The Robinson Ferry site is also within the Seedskadee National Wildlife
Public (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
Sweetwater County, Wyoming. T22N/R109W
Follow State Route 372 north from Green River, Wyoming for approximately
25 miles until it intersects with S. R. 28 to Farson. Turn on SR 28 and
look for the signs to the interpretive panels just before you cross the
bridge over the Green. Emigrants traveling on the Kinney or Slate Creek
Cutoffs crossed the Green just north of the Lombard Ferry site.
National Park Service
Comprehensive Management Plan
The BLM has erected interpretive panels at the site of the south Lombard
The site is listed on the National Register. It is threatened by gas development
and fossil collectors.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge
and Vicinity: A Historical Perspective.